Thursday, August 4, 2016

{Week 2} DRIFT or DELAY?

 I have been thinking lots lately about my goal in this class for religion of the New Testament.  I needed to pick something to work on from the bible dictionary.  I choose MAGNIFY.  And I know it is meant to be.  This school year I am homeschooling my C for the first time.  He is a super smart kid and because of some changes in our school district we feel he was being left out of some very great opportunities and because we have great freedoms in this country, my husband and I thought we can do this and give him those great things also. 

So here it is the second day of school and we have a schedule.  Not crazy busy because I am in school also but a good start.  When the word MAGNIFY came up I knew I was meant to learn it and I am embracing what that means for me.  For me I get anxious and then yell when I feel overwhelmed if things are not going well.  I don't handle stress well and I feel out of control and I worried about that going into this with C.  He is a great kid but because he is so smart, he is usually right or at least he thinks he is and he tells you all the time.  It can be challenging.  And I don't want to fail this is my child's education and some people have issues with me doing this.  But I have been reading my scriptures and reading talks and this week one talk hit me greatly.  It is from Elder Henry B. Eyring talk titled, "Always" and what popped at me was, "the danger in delay or drift."  I have felt that lots after all my kiddos where in school.  What was my role, I had six hours a day, not bieng Mom.  I felt like a house cleaner or maid which is not what I love.  So I decided to go back to school to busy my self so I wouldn't just sit around and watch tv and not be productive.  I love school and it makes me work and stick to a time table and keep a schedule and with C it makes him have to do that too.  He has to do it, I have to teach him to do it.  It is a great talk.

We need not to drift or delay in Magnifying our callings.  I need to be strong and stick to my schedule to get things done. So as in a magnifying glass makes things bigger and easier to look at more deeply.  I need to magnify my calling as a mother and student and teacher.

No comments: