Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Best Deals

Ok, so I pride myself in finding the best food deals around and I think I did pretty good this week...I went to Publix and The Fresh Market. I know your thinking those are the most expensive stores BUT you have to shop the deals and eat the deals too!

So Publix has there pasta on special this month which is Barilla and Ragu sauce both for $2, that feeds our family of five two meals with a side of green beans or salad both of which are on sale. But my best deal was A1 steak sauce BOGO and I bought one for $1.88 and I had a $2 off coupon so it was FREE and chicken was on sale $.99 a lb and I bought lots of drumsticks because they cook the fastest(with soccer I need it) and add potatoes 5lbs for $1.99 and add a salad or green beans which are also on sale...other things I bought there were A Jamima Pancakes BOGO $2.69 minus my $.75 coupon and the kiddos have a fast meal in the morning. Also Danimals yogurt 2/$4 and I had 2 $1 off coupons. Ended up being one dollar each. I also bought strawberry tofu...now I don't usually buy tofu but I saw it and Rob and I are trying to be good so smoothies will work in the morning. STRAWBERRY tofu was on sale $1.50 (I tried it this morning and it was yummy...couldn't get it away from G) I also bought other stuff but on to the Fresh Market...

I love them because of their fresh fruits and veggies...and their prices. This weeks special asparagus $1.98 lb (yay for Rob who LOVES it)...peaches the size of soft balls on sale all month, $.98 lb(what a steal @ Publix $1.49 or 69 lb), green beans $.98 lb got lots and braeburn apples $.98 lb They had there giant 2 inch cupcakes for $.99 but we forwent those THIS week:) Also red pepper was $2.98 lb, most big peppers are 1/2 lb, you do the math. Strawberry's were $2.50 lb and giant kiwi we're $1.99 lb I bought two for a $1 a little pricey but big. Also we get there olive bar once in a while because it is the same price as everywhere else and twice the selection...today's pick...kalamata olives with feta cheese, yummy on a pizza...

No comments: